USB Storage Devices
A Thumb Drive is basically a rewritable, portable, solid-state data storage device aptly named because it is about the size of a thumb that goes into a USB port. The USB Thumb Drive stores data without the need of a power supply, which makes it very handy to have around. Once you plug it into a computer, you can access the information on the Thumb drive without restarting the computer. Thumb drives also are called, USB Flash Drives, Jump Drives, or Flash Drive.
While these drives are durable, it is prone to corruption after numerous uses. Once you reach 1,500 or so insertions, the drive begins to corrupt and will eventually fail. Until that time, they are shielded in thick plastic from magnetism and are very safe from external damage. They’re durable for travel or in a pocketful of change. It used to be that once they failed and had one not backed up the information on it, you lost that information forever. eProvided has changed this fact because we are able to retrieve information and even repair any damaged files within.
Your Thumb Drive Problem ?
Did you lose data on your thumb drive? Being a data recovery export, this is what we will do to get your data back. First, we remove the NAND flash memory chips. After removal it’s examined; looking for defects or cracks. Then, NAND wafers are cleaned with specialized machinery so data can be dumped and extracted. There may be inverted patterns or scrambled code. The data sets are unscrambled and turned back into user files. Once complete, data is delivered back to you.
Thumb Drive Data Recovery Service
eProvide is running a 98% success rate when repairing or retrieving the data and files on a Thumb drive.
Common Problems and Error Messages Associated with the Thumb Flash Drive
- “One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message”
- “USB device not recognized in (by) windows”
- USB flash disk not recognized, device crushed, USB unknown device
- Repair pen drive broken in pieces
- Broken USB storage device, connection damage on USB thumb drive from dog bites, hitting USB media by accident, a USB data recovery service could be needed
- Dropped or moved laptop-causing damage to the USB 2.0 thumb drive
- Notebook computer experienced a power surge and you receive a USB device not recognized error
- Forgotten or lost password (encrypted), recover USB key, and flash drive repair needed (password protected locked areas/partitions of a drive)
- Fix a thumb drive, pen drive repair due to deleting files or accidentally formatting of USB 3.0 flash drive device
- eProvided’s USB flash drive repair service needed due to loose connections, running over or other any incident such as bumping flash memory drive while plugged in
- Repair device due to Corruption, Spyware or Virus damage, client recovery USB services needed, Repair Thumb Drive files.
- USB flash memory data recovery nightmare, device contains; physical, heat, cold or moisture damage, USB flash drive recovery expertise is required
- Restore Thumb USB from water, fire, salt damage, crack, hairline fracture on device/chip.
- Disconnected flash memory during write operation, removed device during data transfer
- Pop up message errors, Windows error messages like “Status: Unreadable,” “Unknown Device,” “One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned,” and/or “Windows does not recognize it” etc.